Avaya completes its acquisition of Nortel Enterprise Solutions
We’ve received some updates from Avaya this week on their Nortel Enterprise Solutions (NES) acquisition, and wanted to pass along a few of the key points:
- Avaya will announce the new combined product roadmap on January 19. They’re holding an online event for customers, and you can pre-register for it.
- In the meantime, they’ve set up the Avaya Nortel Information Center, which is a dedicated site where you can find links to press releases, FAQs etc.
- Investments in Nortel equipment will be protected and supported: The new Avaya will continue to sell existing Avaya and Nortel Enterprise products for the next 12 to 18 months and honor all existing support agreements as set out in customer contracts. Avaya will continue to provide evolutionary pathways to new capabilities and technologies from today’s platforms.
- Avaya sees the Nortel Enterprise data business as complementary to its core business and intends to protect customer investments in NES data products. They expect to adopt the NES roadmap and investment plan.
- Avaya now supports a combined customer base of over 100 million voice lines and 33% IP telephony market share. As well, the broader portfolio and 5,200 patents or patents pending will enhance R&D funding, which translates directly into creative solutions for customer needs.
- Over 6,000 former Nortel employees have transitioned recently to the Avaya team. We’re delighted that many of our Nortel friends who have supported both you and Eclipse are now moving forward with the new Avaya.